Many of the 8 million people completing self-assessment tax returns find it stressful and often worry if they have done it wrong or paid too much tax.
For a fixed fee agreed in advance we can save you time, give you peace of mind and ensure that we use available allowances, reliefs and claims to ensure we legally minimise your tax bill, as well as offering phone tax advice at no extra cost.
We do not just help small business owners (Sole Traders, Partners and Company Directors) with their personal tax returns as well as their business accounts, but we can also help and benefit landlords, contractors and many others required to complete self-assessment returns.
Why not contact us for a free meeting to see how we might help you save tax, time and worry!
Everyone is legally required to inform HMRC if you owe tax or if you:
- You or your partner receive Child Benefit and your income is over £50,000
- You are employed and need to claim expenses of £2,500 or more
- You have annual income of £100,000 or more
- You have income from savings and investments of £10,000 or more
- You have income from untaxed savings and investments (excluding ISA’s) of £2,500 or more
- You have income from property of £10,000 or more before expenses or £2,500 or more after deducting allowable expenses
- You have any income from overseas (over £300) e.g. from a foreign bank account/ investment or holiday home
- You have Capital Gains Tax to pay (gains above £11,000 exempt amount)
- You’ve lived or worked abroad or aren’t domiciled in the UK
- You have income from trusts, settlements or estates (excludes straightforward inheritances)
- You are a minister of any religion, a name or member of Lloyd’s of London, an MP etc.
In many cases, there are significant tax saving opportunities for people in the categories above to use allowances and reliefs to reduce tax, especially in the higher rate, additional rate and high marginal rate tax bands where savings can be significant.